Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Little Advice and 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids



In honor of the amazing Christine Fonseca's early release of her second book, 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids, a few fellow authors and I have been offering up bits of advice.


Don’t compare yourself to others. Most of the misery in my life has come from comparing myself to someone else. It took a very long time to learn that I was a pretty cool person, all on my own. 

Everyone’s journey through life is different and no good ever comes from comparing yourself to someone else. Everyone has their own trials, their own talents, their own limitations, their own hopes and dreams. You are your own wonderful, unique YOU and no one else can do the things that you do or be the person you will be, quite like you will.

Christine has been featuring awesome advice from several different authors and also has some fun giveaways going on, so head to her blog to check it out!
What would your advice be? Grab the graphic and join in the fun! :)


3 comments:

Christine Fonseca said...

Thanks for playing along Michelle.

Matthew MacNish said...

I tell my kids to be themselves and to believe in themselves. There is nothing cooler than being you.

Laura Pauling said...

And it's so true! That is one of the biggest lessons I wish I knew early on! and not to care what certain girls thought.