So, I was sitting here at my computer this morning thinking "Hmmm, no comments on my post yet this morning. I usually wake up to at least one or two." And then I realized that I had completely forgotten to write something.
Yeah, I really am just that spacey sometimes LOL
So, I thought I'd give you a little heads up on what will be coming up on the old blog in the coming weeks.
1. I found this cute cartoon word count tracker, courtesy of Writertopia - however, it's too big to fit in my layout here, so I'll just post it once a week on WIP Wednesday. But seriously, how cute is it!?
And the best thing about it - I can make the little potato guy do different things - right now he's sleeping (because I'm not going to be able to work on my WIP for a couple days). But I can make him write, scream at the computer, act like he's shocked at what's on the screen - seriously LOVING this little guy. And as my word count grows, so will the stack of papers in the "NOVEL" box :D How cool is that? :D
2. There are so many good books coming out in the next several weeks. I am very honored to be kicking off Michelle Davidson Argyle's blog tour for Cinders on the 19th. And I will be kicking off my sweet friend/crit partner/agent sista Christine Fonseca's blog tour for her book Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students on Oct 1st (also it's release date - Embrace the Crazy! (love that catch phrase lol)) :D And I will be posting a review of this awesome book on Oct 15th as well.
And there just might be some fun giveaways involved, so make sure you join us on those dates :D
3. Things are clipping along with my Homework Helpers: Essays and Term Papers book. I am now deep into line edits with my fabulous editor and I think things are going very well. We had one revision turn into a whole new chapter and I am doing a semi-major revision on another chapter now. But, we aren't anticipating any other major revisions (just several minor ones :D ) so things are looking good. I believe I will have my author galleys in November for my final approval before it goes to print in Dec. Woohooo!
4. Things are going great with my new fiction WIP. I am loving the new outline process I've got going. This time it is really working well for me. As you can see by my little potato guy above, I'm a third of the way through my book and still going strong. Made several notes for the book last night and can't wait to get back to work on it....just as soon as I finish these non-fiction revisions :D
5. I made a meatloaf last night and it was GOOD! You may find this a strange item to be on my list but considering the fact that I set off the smoke alarm boiling water the day before (my husband is still rolling his eyes at me) then a meatloaf that is not only edible but actually enjoyable is seriously the highlight of my week LOL
6. I totally redid my website and am LOVING it - check it out! (CLICK HERE)
How are things going for everyone out there? Progress being made? Ideas being formulated? Taking any well deserved and long overdue regenerating breaks?
Oh! and if you haven't checked out the WriteOnCon site lately, head over there now! They are going to start having monthly events - and giveaways!!!! Too awesome :)