Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WIP Wednesday


Busy non-fiction week :) I have my proposal finished, minus a few possible quotes. And I finished my query yesterday as well. Soooo, I could technically start querying. I think I'll wait until Monday though :)

On the fiction front, still slow but sure progress. Here are the updated stats:

Total notebook pages: 152 front and back

Pens drained: Still only 5! But I swear it's on its last few drops!!

Approximate word count: 45,600/60,000 = 76% (I decided I didn't need to stress over trying to hit 70,000 as YA books can be anywhere from 50,000 and up, so set a new goal of 60,000 - the stress is much less now) :D

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week. Nice!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Nice work!

B.J. Anderson said...

Woo hoo! That's so cool that you are getting that close to being finished with your fiction book.

Tess said...

How exciting! Good luck w/ the querying. Fun and scary at the same time, right? I'm certain all will go fabulously :)

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Great progress! And good luck on starting to query your non-fiction project!

Elana Johnson said...

Woot!

Cate Gardner said...

Good luck with your book. My YA hovers around the 50,000 mark too, I think a book is as long as it needs to be.