Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thirty Word Thursday




Most people quit. If you don't...if you rewrite, if you keep publishing...you will understand that, "What's the secret?" is not the question, which is, "Are you having fun?"

~ Robert Lipsyte, on the secret to writing

Also, I am guest blogging today over at the awesome blog of Matthew Rush. The non-fiction query that caught the attention of my agent (and publisher) will be available for your viewing pleasure - so head over to The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment to take a peek :) 

Tomorrow, you can see one of my fiction queries that garnered some interest. The book, however, failed to please, but the query worked well :)

11 comments:

Stina said...

I don't think my brain is functioning just yet. I had to read that several times to figure it out. Lame, huh?

I'm off now to check out your query. :)

Vicki Rocho said...

I'm havin' fun...are you havin' fun?

Followed you over from Matt's blog....looks like we added one another at the same time. Cosmic! hahaha.

Congrats again on Papers, Prose & Poetry!

Matthew MacNish said...

Great quote Michelle, very inspirational!

And thanks so much for sharing your NF query with us all, I've learned a lot already.

Slamdunk said...

Thanks for posting your experience with a non-fiction work. Very helpful.

Tracy said...

Michelle, I followed you over from Matthew's blog.

Just wanted to say, "Hi!" and thank you for sharing your proposal (and query) with us.

Cynthia Reese said...

I like this. Very much.

Talli Roland said...

I saw it over there - thanks so much for sharing!

Conda Douglas said...

Great quote--so easy to get caught up in the drama that I forget my true passion--writing!

Tahereh said...

awesome!! can't wait to read your query!!

in the meantime.. popping over to Matthew's blog!

thanks! :D

Hannah said...

When writing, I'm most always having fun. Hard work, but fun, nonetheless.

Enid Wilson said...

Thanks for sharing the query letter and the thoughts. Good stuff!

In Quest of Theta Magic