Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Funnies and an Award



First of all, I wanted to send a huge thank you to Zoe Courtman over at No Letters On My Keyboard, and Cheree at Justified Lunacy. Both lovely ladies gifted me with the Sugar Doll Award. Thank you so much! Totally made my day :) I'm going to pass this one along to five of my favorite people:

1. Christine Fonseca, without whom I'd never survive...seriously
2. Bonny Anderson, who I am missing like crazy
3. Bethany, who I am also missing like crazy, and her lovely sister Suzy
4. Kate, for always being a huge help with Blog Chain stuff
5. Cole Gibsen, for always being there when I need her

And now! On to our funnies for the day :)



Best Newspaper Headlines of 1998

1. Include Your Children When Baking Cookies
2. Something Went Wrong in Jet crash, Experts Say
3. Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
4. Drunks Get Nine Months in Violin Case
5. Iraqi Head Seeks Arms
6. Is There a Ring of Debris Around Uranus?
7. Would-be Women Priests Appeal to Pope
8. Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
9. British Left Waffles on Falkland Islands
10. Teacher Strikes Idle Kids
11. Clinton Wins Budget; More Lies Ahead
12. Plane Too Close to Ground, Crash Probe Told
13. Miners Refuse to Work After Death
14. Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
15. Stolen Painting Found By Tree
16. Two Sisters Reunited After 18 Years in Checkout Line
17. War Dims Hope for Peace
18. If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last a While
19. Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
20. Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge
21. New Study of Obesity Looks for Large Test Group
22. Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Space
23. Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
24. Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
25. Typhoon Rips through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead


There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

12 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Ha. Thanks. Nice to start the day off with a laugh :)

Kay said...

Thanks for the laugh! Great way to start the day!

Christine Fonseca said...

Thanks for the laugh - and the award! MADE MY DAY!

Unknown said...

Lol, that's just what I needed, a good laugh before I go to bed.

Cole Gibsen said...

Seriously, I'm with Christine. This award TOTALLY made my day!!! ***HUGS***

Lydia Kang said...

Love a morning laugh. Thanks!

Mel Chesley said...

I love those headlines. :D

Jemi Fraser said...

So much fun!! I'm glad no one was home - I laughed like a loon :)

Anonymous said...

"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"

I seriously laughed for three minutes on that one!

Corey Schwartz said...

Ha, ha. 33 and you still give your mom material. That cracked me up :)

Arlee Bird said...

Funny writer story and hilarious headlines. I wonder if they do some of those on purpose just to entice us to read the stories--if not you really have to wonder about that editor.
Lee

Amanda Gaume said...

So funny!!

I have an award for you on my blog!!