Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday's Muse

Okay, in an effort to yank myself out of my comfort zone (and to appease my mother who wants to see all these hidden little things I have been hoarding to myself), Monday's are going to be my Muse Day. More specifically, it's poetry day. I will force...nope, torture...no, I mean delight you with various tidbits from my twisted mind and I want to see the same from you.

I know there are a bunch of closet poets out there - I want to see what you've got! So every Monday, post whatever catches your whimsy in the comments section (but keep it clean...well, cleanish) ;-D and I'll try to be less timid when it comes to sharing poetry and post my own stuff :) Sometimes it'll be goofy (see below) and sometimes a little more serious (also see below).

For today, as we are starting things off, I've got one of each for you :) Don't make be post alone!!! Even if it's something like "Roses are red, violets are blue, poetry sucks and so do you" I want to read it! :D

Here are my offerings for the day :)

The Doritos Sonnet

Oh orange chip, divinely made of cheese,
You make that awesome crunching noise when chewed.
No other chip could be as good as these.
There’s nothing like those cheesy fingers, dude!
They are the stuff from which much good is made.
They bring much joy to hungry bellies, yes!
I bet with chips alone you would not fade,
For their cheese essence is just awesomeness.
Though gone, we won’t forget our bag of chips.
It will live on inside for hours to come.
The taste will be remembered on our lips.
The pantry always stocked with bags, oh yum!
As long as the upholstery bears the stain,
The cheesy chips of awesome will remain.


Untitled

You are my muse, my melody,
The inspiration that I fear.
For when you’re near
I can do naught else
But obey your heart’s command.

I neither eat, nor sleep;
I disappear
Under the force of your desire.
Release me, I beg
From the spell of your soul -
Or let me just expire.

6 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

Nice poetry! I love the Dorito one!

Katie Salidas said...

Doritos sonnet! That's priceless. I love it.

Roni Loren said...

I love the second one and the first one made me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Cole Gibsen said...

OMG! SOOOOO FUNNY :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Wow, the first was really fun and the second so very honest.

Laurie Marquis said...

Thank you, my dear!!! You are soooo talented!! I absolutely loved them both!!!
Your mama...