Thursday, June 18, 2009

WIP Wednesday Plus One

Quote of the Day:
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense.
~Tom Clancy

Okay, since yesterday was my turn for the Blog Chain, today you get my update, such as it is :) Actually, I'm not doing too bad.

Fiction - My still untitled YA Urban Fantasy now has 16 out of its 21 chapters finished and typed. I have two more chapters I need to write (and type) and 3 chapters that just need typing. And then I'm done!

Well, then the edits start. I've already got 1 new plot line to weave through the story and rewrites planned for the first chapter, but at least the main story will be done and intact :D

Haven't done anything else on the non-fiction, though I should have one more chapter on it finished in the next week or two. As soon as the YA is done, I'll concentrate on this for a bit.

I currently have two new WIPs knocking on the creative gates, plus a revamp of my first book - not sure what to work on first. But I am trying very hard not to think of them until this current one is done :D Gotta love that muse when she drops by and sets up camp!

How is everyone else doing?

5 comments:

Elana Johnson said...

Is your muse on the ledge with you? That's sort of scary. ;)

Good job on all your progress.

Michelle McLean said...

Yep, she is :D She tries to tempt me from the edge with all the new stories :D

Elizabeth McKenzie said...

You sound all together. Good luck, I can hear the excitement in your voice.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle - maybe you and your muse could jump, have some fun and gosh knows what could come out of that!!!

Michelle McLean said...

Ahh no worries :D She goes with me everywhere (even if she occasionally throws a hissy fit and refuses to talk to me) ;-D

We took a leap the other day and things are looking much better now :D