Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Work In Progress Wednesday


Okay, my awesome friend Elana "borrowed" this idea from another awesome friend of ours, Kate...and I'm just tagging along :D

So, updates on my WIPs. Well...the current fiction WIP, SAME MISTAKE, (which I am tentatively calling a YA urban fantasy - Elana you know the basic storyline, whatcha think?) is very slow going. But, I did carve out a nice size chunk of the beginning at my weekly write-a-thon group (thank you so much Kristal for coming up with the idea for the group!). I would like to be further along with it, but along with the beginning, I also had a nice brainstorm session with the always fan-freakin-tastic Elana and now have a really nice idea of what will actually happen in this book. So that's good.

On my non fiction WIP, I was actually able to make it to the library today and get several ridiculously large books that I need for research. Since I thought I might have to do an inter-library loan to get these, I am pretty happy right now. I will have to do the loan thing for several other books, but I am excited that I can get started on the three books they had. So all good there too.

I'm actually keeping up with my How To Tuesday entries (which, quite frankly, I am SHOCKED about - and also really enjoying, so again, all good) :D

I am also thinking of trying article writing again. I have several in mind, a few dealing with my daughter's preemie birth, and a few along more literary/educational lines. I'm pretty good at that kind of thing, so if I can discipline myself enough to get some written, I might be able to sell a few....maybe :D

I know, I know, right about now you are thinking....


Anyhow, that is what is going on in my writing world at the moment. Hopefully next week, I'll have an awesome word count to post for you :D

2 comments:

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

OMG that LOLdog pic is too funny, although it was not what I was thinking at all. I love hearing about what other writers are working on, which I guess was the whole point of starting the WIP Weds;)

The YA Urban Fantasy sounds intriguing and writing articles sounds like a great idea too. I have thought about trying to do that, but I don't know if I have enough confidence in my non-fiction abilities.

Elana Johnson said...

Yup, YA UF sounds about right. I'm glad you got some writing done on it! I can't wait to read it. Just the title makes me salivate.

And I love that dog too! I may have to "borrow" that.