Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Funnies


Okay, this letter is from a wife to her husband, but it could soooo work as a letter to me! :D Or any writer I know for that matter ;-D

To My Darling Husband

I'm sending you this letter in a bogus software company envelope so you'll be sure to read it. Please forgive the deception, but I thought you should know what's been going on since your computer entered our lives two years ago.

The children are doing well. Tommy is 7 now and is a bright, handsome boy. He has developed quite an interest in the arts. He drew a family portrait for a school project. All the figures were good but yours was excellent! The chair and back of your head are very realistic. You would be proud of him.

Little Jennifer turned 3 in September. She looks a lot like you did at that age. She is an attractive child and quite smart. She still remembers that you spent the whole afternoon with us on her birthday. What a grand day for Jen, despite the fact that it was stormy and the electricity was out.

I discovered that the household chores are much easier since I realized that you didn't mind being vacuumed and that the feather duster made you sneeze.

The house is in good shape. I had the living room painted last spring. I'm not sure if you noticed it. I asked the painters to cut air holes in the drop cloths so you wouldn't be disturbed.

Well dear, I must be going. The family is leaving on a ski trip and there is much packing to do. I've hired a housekeeper to take care of things while we are away. She'll keep things in order, fill your coffee cup, and
bring your meals to the computer room just the way you like it.

I hope you and the computer have a lovely time while we are gone. Tommy, Jen, and I think of you often. Try to remember us while your disks are booting.

Love, Jane

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bahahahahaha, tweak it a little and you have a letter from my mother to me! :) Thanks for sharing!

Katie Salidas said...

Oh god that is so close to the truth it's scary. I once yelled at my x-husband, that I would drape a keyboard around my neck if that would get me more attention. Needless to say it's one of the reasons he's an X. My current hubby, and a very good man, knows when to step away from the computer. LoL.

B.J. Anderson said...

Lol, that's so awesome! I spend too much time on the computer. And I love the furry funnies. :D Thanks!

Rebecca Knight said...

Hehehehehehe. That letter is hilarious :D. Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Hehe. A fantastic post! I love it! :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Wow, that cat does look intimidating.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

*kat slaps forehead*

That's how I get my husbands attention! I'll write a column for the Pontiac magazine under a nom de plum. He'll never suspect a thing. :-)

Thanks for the idea.

Unknown said...

Great pix! I'm still laughing! And that letter... wow... I think that hits a little too close to home to be funny! :P

Lille Diane said...

OMGoodness... Edit copy... insert my name. Sigh, this is totally too close to the truth (about me) just like quixotic said.

Thank you for hanging your beautiful picture in my tree house. :-) I just nailed my muglette to your wall, too. I know this will be a great place to come have a cup of jo, sit awhile and read.

I guess that means my peeps will have yet another chance to look at the "back" of my head while I park here...