Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Got Tagged! Welcome to 10 Random Facts

The lovely Rebecca Knight tagged me with a bit of randomness so I thought I'd play along :D I'm supposed to tell you 10 Random Things about myself. They won't be nearly as awesome as Rebecca's :D but here you go :)

1) I met my husband online. We were engaged about 3 weeks later...and we met face to face for the first time about a month after that :) He was my cousin's best friend so it wasn't entirely crazy. We lived 2000 miles apart until a month before the wedding so by the time we finally got hitched we were racking up $600 a month phone bills. It was either get married or go broke - so we got married ;-)

2) I'm not a huge fan of odd numbers. Not that I dislike them particularly, but they kind of bug me. I hate when my books end up with an odd number of chapters. I've actually add in extra plotlines just so I could even things out. If I buy a bag of apples, I guarantee you there will be 6 of them...or 8. My husband came home with 5 once and looked at me like I was crazy when I gave him a hard time about it. He took one out of the bag, took a big bite, and said "Is that better?"

Yes...yes it was :D

3) When I turned 30 my hair went curly. Before...it was straight, with a slight wave if it got longer. Now, when I get out of the shower in the morning it looks like I've just gotten a perm. It takes a good 30-45 mins with a flatiron to tame the mane. But, I prefer curl to gray so I'm not complaining too hard. :D

4) My husband is 10 years older than me and is the baby of his family. So I have nieces and nephews who are older than me, a brother in law who is older than my father, and a mother in law who is the same age as my grandmother. I'm also my husband's second wife, so I have step kids who are the same age as my youngest brother and my children are the same age as my mother in law's great grandchildren. It makes family get togethers interesting lol

5) It took 4 schools and 7 years to get my bachelors degree. I moved a lot...kept losing credits...all that good stuff :D I like living in different places but I wouldn't recommend trying to graduate from college that way.

6) One of the reasons I fell in love with my husband was because of his heritage. I had just finished reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series (about a time traveling woman who falls in love with a Scottish warrior). I found out Tom's last name was McLean and that his grandfather had immigrated from Scotland and immediately handed over my phone number :D

7) I like watching period movies - not for the history (my BS is in history...the inaccuracies tend to bug me) but because of the big poofy dresses. I would really love a closet full of those gorgeous monstrosities and a thousand costume balls to wear them to :)

8) I'm claustrophobic. Not get-in-fetal-position-and-rock-while-moaning-and-sucking-my-thumb claustrophobic, but yeah...I do NOT like small, enclosed spaces. This includes tanning beds (I tried it once and kept the lid open far enough I could see out), small cars, and crowded places. If you ever see me in a shopping mall the day after Thanksgiving, call the cops because I am there against my will and am probably seconds away from a panic attack :D

9) I wanted to name one of my kids Anakin. Yes, I'm a Star Wars fan, but that's not why, I swear. I just think it's a cool name :D The hubs vetoed that though....spoil sport. Too bad too because my son is a HUGE Star Wars fan and actually requests on a daily basis that we call him Anakin.

10) I live in a century or so old farmhouse across from a very old cemetery (there are headstones there from the late 1700's and 1800's). I'm pretty sure my house is haunted and I have a ghost that likes to cuddle at night. We occasionally hear voices like a radio or tv has been left on somewhere (but if we tell it to shush the noise stops) and twice now I've felt someone snuggle up behind me, and once felt someone shove their arm under my pillow and then pull it out as I rolled over...only to discover my husband wasn't in bed with me at the time. And sometimes it feels like someone is sitting on the end of my bed (you know how you can feel the bed dip down?) and the last time it happened I was almost asleep and it woke me up because it felt like someone was sitting on my foot so I sat up and said "can you please stay out of my bedroom because you are kind of freaking me out!" The pressure on my foot eased up and it hasn't happened since.

So...at least we have a very considerate ghost :D

Annnd now I'm supposed to tag 4 other bloggers so I think I will tag:

Kate Karyus Quinn
Katrina Lantz
Kristal Shaff
Amparo Ortiz


7 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, you have some really interesting and unique personal stories, very cool! The odd numbers, curly hair, and online husband in particular I found intriguing;)

Talli Roland said...

Lovely to learn more about you. I met my husband online, too!

Mel Chesley said...

Wow... I want to come visit and "ghost hunt" your house. XD At the very least, go check out your cemetery. I'm weird that way, what can I say.

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Awesome random things list! I especially love your last one about your haunted house - that's so cool!

Amparo Ortiz said...

Awesome list, Michelle! I'd love to live in a haunted farmhouse! Also, you and your husband should star in a romantic comedy. For reals.

Thanks for tagging me!

Christine Fonseca said...

I love your list!

Shari said...

I loved reading about your haunted farmhouse. If it weren't so creepy, it would be funny. I'm claustrophibic too. Ugh.

I love random facts and yours were really fun to read!