Tuesday, October 2, 2012

When Mama Declutters

Oh I had some fun last week. I like things cleaned and organized. The only problem with that is that I don't really like to clean. And I sometimes get to the point where I look around my house and just want to get rid of EVERYTHING.

I mean, if there weren't any pictures or knick knacks out, the surfaces of my furniture would be easier to clean and would look less cluttered, right? If there was less furniture in the house, well there'd be less surfaces to clutter up and clean.

So I went on a Craiglist spree. I sold a bunch of stuff. A bedding set. Some bar stools. A treadmill. A couch :D Tried to sell a piano but haven't had any takers yet, and one oversized arm chair I'm just giving away (but the lady can't come get it until next week). We did add a practice balance beam for my daughter, but it's not full sized or anything so I can shove it up against the wall and it's not too bad :D

It felt so good I want to get rid of more stuff. My family is scared LOL

Really though, it feels so good to just declutter and free up some space. It feels good to not be buried in STUFF. I can think better. I can clean faster which means I can get to the fun stuff like writing or reading even faster. It just makes me all around happier. Now, if I can just get rid of that piano, I'll be good to go ;)

Do you ever do this? Just go through your house and purge? :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Decluttering is always good. Sometimes I want to do exactly that (but mine mostly ends up in a room I never use... don't want to clean that room up). It really helps to clear the mind as well and make it easier to write.