Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back in the Proverbial Saddle

Well, I decided to give the agent route one more try, so Sunday, I sent out 20 equeries and low and behold, within an hour I had a request from a very good agent for my FULL manuscript, on a 4 week exclusive basis. I am very excited. At the very least, I should get some helpful notes on what needs fixin' so I couldn't be happier.

I have also begun my second novel and am really enjoying working on it. I had almost forgotten how fun it is to meet new characters and get lost in a new world. I've spent so much time editing the first novel, the whole writing process was kind of lost to me for a bit.

Annnd, I have also finished several new children's books as well. I will be sending those out to a few agents and publishers in the next few weeks. So, life on my computer has been very busy lately.

Speaking of which, my poor printer (which is less than a year old) is about ready to go on strike, I think. While printing out my manuscript for the lovely agent who requested it, my much-abused printer began making pitiful little squeaky sounds - I just don't think it was made to spit out a 330 page manuscript on a bimontly basis (at the minimum). Not to mention all of my critique buddies' manuscripts and anything else I don't feel like editing on the computer screen. And the constant ink refills are killing my bank account. So, I have decided to upgrade to a laser printer that was designed for a ton of printing. I think this time comes to every writer and it has come for me. :)

In the meantime, I am enjoying getting back into the writing, and yes, even the querying, groove, as painful and frustrating as the process often is. Back to Work!!

No comments: