Here we go!
1. My brother once told me I could get curly hair if I stuck eggbeaters in my hair. He was wrong - eggbeaters turned on high and placed in your hair will cause baldness, not curls. My mom had to cut most of my hair off to get them out.
This is a lie - well, it did happen to my sister, but not to me. And yes, my mom had to cut quite a bit of her hair off in order to get that eggbeater out. We will never let her or my brother live it down :)
2. I have a small Celtic tattoo on my back that not even my mother knows about...unless she's reading this blog :D
Lie - I wanted to get one, but never did :) (Mom, you can relax now!) :D
3. I know how to say "Shut up" "I'm going to spank your butt" and "Watch what you're saying, I speak Samoan" in Samoan...I used to know more, but I've forgotten everything else. But at least I remembered the important stuff :D
True! My first fiance was Samoan and I learned quite a bit...enough to catch the gist of most conversations. I met him at school in Hawaii. Sweetest guy you'll ever meet and he could shimmy up a coconut tree with a machete in his mouth. Those were fun times :D
4. My first fiance used to have entire conversations with me using only his eyebrows. Yes, I speak fluent eyebrow *takes a bow*
True again! Of course, I'm not talking in-depth political discussions or anything, but it really was surprising the amount of information I could get just by the way he moved his eyebrows. When he came to visit my family on summer vacation, we'd do the eyebrow thing and I'd turn and tell whoever else was with us that we had decided to go get dinner or the spectators would be very confused when I'd start answering questions they hadn't heard asked.
It would sort of go like this:
Him: eyebrow lift to the left
Me: Yeah, you want to go now?
Him: eyebrow scrunched
Me: Okay. Let me know when you are ready
Him: eyebrow lift aimed at our friends
Me: Yeah, I think they are going, I'll ask
Him: eyebrow shift to the right in the direction of bathroom
Me: K, I'll wait out here
Him: eyebrow wiggle
Me: *smile* Love you too
5. My favorite t.v. show is Yo Gabba Gabba - I lie and say I'm taping it for the kids, but really, I sit up late at night when no one can see me and rock out to their awesome tunes.
Angie, so true - it
Iis a little creepy. My kids, however, love it. I will tolerate anything that keeps them busy but find it odd...that show would have given me nightmares as a kid :)
6. I spent nearly every summer of my childhood at Space Camp, determined to be an astronaut. I enrolled in the aeronautics program at my first college with great expectations. But, since I flunked out of all my math classes, was terrified of heights, and claustrophobic, my guidance counselor suggested I try something a little less...challenging. I should have stuck with the aeronautics program - it would have been easier.
Nope, false. I never went to space camp, never enrolled in any programs. I did, however, love Space Camp, the movie. But, math was not my best subject, I am terrified of heights, and I am claustrophobic. So yeah...writing is a much better profession for me :)
7. As a cheerleader at my high school, I got to the be top of the pyramid at the homecoming game. I fell. I decided not to be a cheerleader anymore. (See #6 regarding my fear of heights - this is where it alll started) :D
Lie - never a cheerleader. I was in the Drama club :D
8. I have a weird obsession with the number 3 - everything in my house is arranged in groups of 3, I buy fruit in multiples of 3, my children have 3 names, I always knock 3 times - I'm not crazy, I swear, I just like threes, so shoot me :D
So false - I'm actually not very fond of odd numbers. I always buy fruit in even numbered groups. Almost always six...four is too few for my family and five is an odd number, so six it usually is :D (I'm not crazy, I swear....well, maybe just a little) ;-D
And there you have it, my lies and truths :) Since this post is huge already, I'll just post one funny picture and next week we'll go back to our regularly scheduled Friday Funnies :D